School of Choice
School of Choice (SOC) opens for the 2024-25 school year on November 1st. The first-round application period is 6 weeks long - opening at 8:00am on Wednesday, 11/1 and closing at noon on Friday, 12/15. For more information about SOC and the application process, visit https://www.psdschools.org/schools/school-options-choice.
If you have an 8th grade student or know someone who does please invite them to our Open House and Curriculum Fair on Monday, December 4th from 6-8pm. Great opportunity to learn more about our academic programs, block schedule, athletics, activities and get a guided tour of the building. Parents and students welcome!
Class of 2028 Open House
Student attendance is taken every period of the school day. To excuse your student, please either submit through ParentVUE or call our attendance line. Please allow 48 hours for attendance updates. If you submit a request, you may still receive an autogenerated call or email that same day, please know we are working on this as quickly as possible. Thank you!
ParentVUE Method (preferred method):
- Download the ParentVUE free app
- Select “I am a Parent”
- Enter login and password
- Select blue bars ‘Report Absence’
- Enter date/time/reason and press save
If you have questions about ParentVUE, please visit our district website: https://www.psdschools.org/ParentVUE
Call in method:
Leave a message with your student’s name and ID#, parent or guardian’s name and date/time/reason for the absence.
Additional Attendance Notes:
- You do not need to come in and check your student out if they are going home for illness, appointments, or athletic activities. Please make arrangements with your student, have them inform their teacher and they can meet you outside where you are parked. Please make sure to call our attendance line to excuse them from the classes they are missing.
- All athletic absences will be entered by our athletic office. Once entered it will show as an “S” in ParentVUE for school activity.
- If there is a discrepancy with a single period absence, please have your student talk with their teacher to adjust the absence.