Home of the Lobos

Header Paw Image



Registration Process and Materials

For the most up-to-date information about registration, course selection sheets, curriculum guide, course planning resources and department offerings please visit our registration website.

New Student or Transfer Students:

Online registration is available for NEW students registering at their neighborhood school for the 2023-24 school year.  To enroll new students online and for more information about the process, visit the PSD Online Registration for New Students web page.  Once the online registration is complete you will be contacted to set an appointment to meet with a counselor. 

NEW students can also register by completing the following enrollment paperwork:

Student Enrollment Form Spanish - Student Enrollment Form
Home Language and Student Residency Form     Spanish - Home Language and Student Residency Form 
Boces Program Eligibility Survey Spanish - Boces Program Eligibility Survey

These documents are required by PSD and the state of Colorado. 

The following documents are required to enroll new students.  These documents can be uploaded through the online registration portal or can be dropped off at RMHS.  (Registrations will not be approved without proof of residency).

  • Proof of residency in the RMHS attendance area (a copy of a lease agreement, mortgage statement or current utility bill that shows that parent/guardian lives at address within school boundaries).

  • Verification of child's birth date (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, military ID)

  • Current immunization records or a signed State of Colorado Exemption Certificate

  • Copy of student's academic history or current report card (bring a non-official copy; RMHS will request your student's school records from the previous school

  • Checkout/withdraw grades if you are transferring mid-year

  • Students receiving Special Education Services need a copy of their current IEP for proper class placement

If you are not sure which school your child should attend that information can be found on the PSD School Locator Web Page.

If you have recently moved into Rocky Mountain's attendance area, but are enrolled at another PSD school you will need to contact your current school to withdraw and provide Rocky Mountain with verification of your address (current utility bill or lease agreement).

More detailed information regarding PSD School Registration can be found HERE. 

Please contact Amy McCoy at 970-488-7031 or amccoy@psdschools.org with any questions.

School of Choice Information

If you do not live in the Rocky Mountain High School attendance area, but would like to attend, you will need to complete a School of Choice application.  Applications must be submitted online on the District website by December 15th for first consideration.   More information on School of Choice can be found here.  

Once a school year begins, open enrollment (school choice) for that school year is over. Applying to attend another school is considered a transfer and must be approved by either the Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Schools or Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Schools.

You may begin the school transfer process by completing the School Transfer Request, (also available in Spanish - School Transfer Request).  

PSD does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, age or disability in access or admission to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. A lack of English speaking skills will not be a barrier to admission or participation.