- August 15 College Boot Camp (grades 9-12) at RMHS, 9am-12pm
- September 4 In State College Fair at RMHS (grades 9-12), 6-7:30pm
- September 11 Senior Planning/Financial Aid Night at RMHS, 7-8:30pm
- October 1 Out of State College Fair at Poudre High School (grades 9-12), 6-8pm
- TBD PSD Post Secondary Planning Night @ Fort Collins High School
- October 17 Front Range Community College Senior Application Day at RMHS (grade 12), 12-3pm
- October 17 ASVAB Test at RMHS (grades 10-12), 12-3:30pm
- January 29 College Planning Night at RMHS (grades 9-11), 5-8pm
- TBD February Front Range Community College Senior Application Day
- May 20 Scholarship Breakfast (grade 12)
- May 21 Convocation
- May 23 Graduation at Moby Arena (CSU)
- College Representative Visits (throughout the year) (grades 9-12)
- College Representative Application Days (fall semester—colleges vary each year and often include: Wyoming, UNC, Fort Lewis, FRCC) (grade 12)
- Military Visit Days (once per quarter) (grades 9-12)
- College Application Workshops (about every 2 weeks through early November) (grade 12)
- College Essay Workshops (3-4 in September and October) (grade 12)
- Career Cab (field trips to explore careers) (grades 10-12) Various trips throughout the year
Classroom Presentations (by various counselors)
- Lobo 101 (9th grade)
- Geography and World Lit/Comp (10th grade)
- Career and Financial Planning/Financial Life Management (11th grade)
Career Cruising is an online tool for all things college and career. It allows students to do inventories, search careers that fit their personality and interests, research careers and colleges, find scholarship information, prepare for the ACT, and more—all within their own account! We also use Career Cruising to send transcripts electronically. Students become familiar with Career Cruising through Lobo 101 during freshmen year.
The counselors at RMHS have also created several guides to assist you with with the process. Use our College Planning Guide, Senior Time Line, College Planning Checklist and Career Planning Guide to help you explore, prepare, select, decide and fund your college and career options.
PSD Channel 10 has prepared some video presentations to help with post-secondary readiness.
Topics include Senior Year Transition, Financial Aid, College Bound: Searching and College Bound: Applying.
View the videos for information from high school counselors.
Ms. Fassnacht, College and Career Counselor, is available to help you through the process.
It is important to meet with your counselor at least once a year throughout your high school career to discuss your plans after high school and to be certain you are meeting graduation requirements.