Rocky Mountain High School is committed to the safety of ALL pedestrians and bicyclists on and around campus. Pedestrian, bicycle and vehicle congestion is extremely high before and after school hours, as well as during Rocky’s scheduled lunch hours. To help prevent potential accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists, RMHS continues to make a strong effort in educating ALL students on the importance of safely getting to and from campus. Please help in exemplifying the “Lobo Way” by adhering to the following safety guidelines involving pedestrian and bicycle traffic in our community:
- All pedestrians travelling to and from RMHS must use designated crosswalks on or near campus.
- Bicyclists must always dismount before using a designated crosswalk.
- Bicyclists are encouraged to always wear a helmet.
- Bicyclists should not use sidewalks when riding a bike.
- Bicyclists should not travel against vehicle traffic. Please use a designated bike lane when travelling to and from campus, and always follow all bicycle and traffic laws.
Please view the following link for a map of designated crosswalks and bike lanes on or near RMHS:
Students are strongly encouraged to always use a bike lock when using one of the several available bike racks on campus. Bicycle theft on campus is almost always a direct result of bicycles not being locked. In an effort to reduce bicycle theft, RMHS has instituted the following security measure:
- Our security staff will periodically check RMHS bike racks and secure any unlocked bike with a lock and cable. Any student who has their bike secured with our lock and cable will be notified with an informal flyer directing them to the dean’s office. An “unlock fee” of $5.00 may be assessed to the student’s account for failure to secure their personal property.