Educational and Professional Background:
- Bachelor's of Liberal Arts, Iowa State University (go Cyclones!)
- Master's of Arts in Counseling, Adams State University
Between my undergraduate and graduate programs, I joined a volunteer program which placed me in California, working with youth in residential treatment. After my volunteer year, I moved to Fort Collins and became the college and career support staff in the counseling office at FCHS. After seeing the connections that counselors can have with students, I was led to pursue a career in school counseling. After earning my Master's, I worked as a caseload counselor at a large high school in Grand Junction. In 2009, I joined the counseling team at Rocky, and have been focusing on college and career options for students since then. I love helping students find their fit in their next steps after high school (training, college, military, etc.). I took a leave of absence from Rocky during the 2016-17 school year because my husband's work took us to Germany. It was a truly wonderful experience to understand new culture(s), meet interesting people, develop my German skills, and travel to new parts of the world. And it is great to be back home at Rocky!
What does the Lobo Way mean to me?
The Lobo Way means bringing our best each day so we can take care of each other and grow.
Honors & Awards:
- 2015 Rocky Mountain High School Honor Staff: Selected by the Class of 2015
- 2015 Hall of Fame Award: Colorado Council on High School/College Relations
- 2014-2015 High School Counselor of the Year: CESDA (Colorado Educational Services and Development Association)
- 2011 Outstanding Service Award: Colorado Council on High School/College Relations
Be who you are. Do what you love. Make a difference. Change the world.