all RMHS students in school. Please make sure your child is fully immunized to avoid exclusion!
Refer to the Larimer County Community Health Services website for more information about School Immunization Requirements.
Read Recommended Immunization Schedule for Persons Aged 7-18 Years for a schedule of immunizations.
Immunizations are available at Larimer County Community Health Services on a walk-in basis. Visit their website at http://www.co.larimer.co.us/health/chs/immunizations.asp for hours and locations.
ATTENTION PARENTS: Tdap Booster Required
A Tdap booster is required for all students in grades 6-12 for the 2010-11 school year.
- The Tdap booster is different from the DTaP vaccinations received as infants and pre-kindergarten.
- The "p" (pertussis) has been added to the standard Td booster to protect teens against whooping cough.
- Your student will be considered "in process" if he or she has received a Td booster in the past two years. When the two years have passed, the Tdap requirement will be enforced.
Prior to the first day of school, a copy of the immunization record from the doctor's office must be provided to the school.
- If your student has already received the booster, give this record to their current school before school is out.
- State law in Colorado does allow parents to sign the back of an immunization card if they choose to take a personal or religious exemption for not receiving the booster. This must be on file at the school.
- Medical exemptions must have a physician's signature on the back of the immunization record and be on file at the school.