Welcome to Student Services. Here you will find resources for all things Counseling and College & Career Center related.
Students choose their classes for the next year in February and March. Schedules are built and then handed out to rising 10th-12th graders in May. Students and their families can look over the schedule and make changes per the following:
There are three designated times during the year when students can make changes to their schedules, termed “add/drop”, (1) at the end of the school year, (2) before school starts in the fall, usually during check in time and (3) in late December. Format is first come-first served and all students who get a place in line will be seen. We recommend that students arrive early to get in line and place his/her name on the list.
‘Critical’ schedule changes may be done during the first three days of each quarter. These schedule changes are at the discretion of and must be approved by teachers, counselors, and administration, and are not ‘normal’. Some critical reasons may be (but not limited to): mistakes on the schedule, changes due to credit recovery or graduation considerations, or accommodations for medical or other emergencies.
Students will not be able to add a class for the current quarter after the first three days of that quarter. Dropping a class after the first three days of a quarter will result in the grade of “F”.
Scheduling an Online Appointment with your Counselor
- Access your PSD email/calendar. The calendar icon is in the bottom left of the screen. Click on that.
- Click “New Event” in the upper left part of the screen.
- Click on “People” and add your counselors name (or search for them using their email address). Click on their name and their calendar will pop up on the right hand side. You will see slots that are open to schedule a meeting.
- On the left hand side, you fill out the details, date and time to have a meeting. (Make sure you are using Mountain Standard Time)
- In the left corner you can press “Send” your counselor will get a request. Once they have accepted, you will know you can meet during that time!
PSD's Channel 10 has created a video about the ASCENT program, check it out by clicking HERE!
There is also a fact sheet about the program, click here to view!